The Capital Menu is one of the 5 key menu items to create, manage and review the key components of a Lean-Case:
You find 3 different views Plan, Check and Track to create and review your capital related assumptions such as Funding and Capital Expenditures (CapEx).
In the Plan View
- Create the capital assumption for your Lean-Case by adding Capital Groups. To add a new Group, click on <+ Add Capital> . Give your capital group a name and select the capital category, e.g. Funding or CapEx. Each Capital Group represents a Lean-Case Widget.
- Depending on the chosen category, plan your assumptions. Check the corresponding Capital Widgets and Metric Definitions for details on how to add:
- Funding, such as loans with interest, contributions and stock
- CapEx for investments requiring depreciation
- In the top part of the Capital Menu, you can review key results of your calculation. Key Metrics, how funding payments and repayments, interest, CapEx and depreciation develop and how they average for the selected monthly, quarterly or yearly view. Check Work in the Plan View for details.
In the Check View, find and review the data for your capital assumptions
- in the top part, find the data for each Capital Group. It shows in detail all items by Capital Group.
- in the bottom part, find the total data aggregated across all Capital Groups.
In the Track View, find and review how your actual capital metrics captured in the Actuals Menu deviate from your capital plan assumptions captured in the Capital Plan View.
- in the top part, find the deviation for each Capital Group.
- in the bottom part, find the total deviation aggregated across all Capital Groups.